Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fabulous quinoa and vegetable stovetop meal that is yummy and really healthy! I make it as is for me but then add cooked chicken to my husband's serving. An easy, satisfying one dish meal!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, prepared with
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 chopped zucchini
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon seasoning, blend
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon real butter
- chopped cooked chicken (optional)
- Stir fry onion, pepper, carrot and zucchini in a small amount of oil (or use Pam) until tender. Lightly steam broccoli in the microwave (I use those Ziploc steam bags). Add cooked broccoli to veggie mixture. Season veggies with Mrs. Dash, add wine and let it cook down (just takes a few minutes). Add cooked quinoa, mix well. Add butter to hot mixture and stir. Add chicken, if desired. Serve!
This was easy and delicious. I didn't have wine so I used apple juice. I wasn't sure how much dry quinoa made 3 cups so I tried 1 1/2 cups of dry. It was too much. Next time I'll use 1 cup of dry. Made for a very colorful and healthy dinner.
Great Flavor! I added mushrooms in lieu of red peppers ( I didn't have any red peppers) I also used cooking wine (Sherry) instead of regular white wine and It turned out wonderfully! Will keep as a favorite!
This was fantastic! The only thing I changed was to add 4 cloves of minced garlic (because we LOVE garlic) and the flavor was wonderful. I didn't think there would be enough sauce for the whole dish but the moisture from the veggies combined with the butter / wine was the perfect amount. This was my first Quinoa experience and now I am hooked! Next time I think I will add a 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes to see what happens. Thank you SaraFish for sharing!!!