Recipe by Er Be3
Quick, easy, kids like it--tomato sauce, fresh basil, cheese. I made this for the first time tonight, have been neglecting the groceries. I made this from what I had in the kitchen. It was delicious, my 4 year old liked it too!
Top Review by Kathleen Talbot
This was fabulous! It was easy to make and had a beautiful presentation. I put it in a classy serving bowl and saved some of the fresh basil to put on the top as garnish. Kids loved it, and ate a ton!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (good extra virgin preferred)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb pasta, prepared per package directions (small pasta, shells, elbows, etc)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion sauté until fragrant (2-3 minutes).
- Add garlic, cook 3-4 minutes more, stirring often to prevent browning.
- Add tomato sauce and dry spices.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add cheeses, stir gently until melted.
- Add basil.
- Pour over prepared pasta, toss to coat.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Serve with hot bread.