1/1 Photo of Delicious Quick & Easy Southern Sweet Tea
Chef Parnello's Note:
A delicious sweet tea recipe that I've been using for years. I always get compliments. It's super fast & super easy. This recipe is to make ONE GALLON.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place family size tea bag in a microwave safe container filled with water & microwave until it boils (approx. 4min for 4cups).
- 2While that is going, in a gallon size pitcher, pour about 1 1/2 - 2 inches of sugar in the bottom. I usually eye it and it comes out perfect.
- 3The microwave should be finishing up. Pour hot tea water into the pitcher over the sugar. The hot water dissolves the sugar granuals. Stir until completely dissolved. (If you have time, let sit in microwave for a while and steep even more. If you don't have time, that's cool too.).
- 4Fill the rest with cold water & refrigerate.
- 5Serve over ice. Enjoy!
- 7I, personally, don't put lemon in it because I find that lemon cuts the sugar & you have to use a whole lot more sugar for it to be southern "sweet".
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Quick & Easy Southern Sweet Tea
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 37.4 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
family-size tea bags