Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
One of my favorite pumpkin pies! It's a cross between a pumpkin and pecan pie, very rich, but extremely delicious! serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry (or use my butter pie crust Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 425°F (will reduce temperature later).
- Prepare an unbaked pie/pastry crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugars, flour, pie spice and salt until smooth.
- Mix in pumpkin.
- Gradually beat in the half and half.
- Pour into crust.
- Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat, and bake for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove pie from oven, and remove the foil.
- To make topping: beat eggs in a mixing bowl until foamy.
- Add in corn syrup, brown sugar, molasses, flour, vanilla and salt.
- Pour over the baked pumpkin mixture in shell.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans, and cover with pecan halves.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes longer, or until set.
- Cool on wire rack for about 2 hours.
- Then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Store any leftovers (bet you won't have any though lol!) in the fridge.