Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
We love pumpkin in our house. This yummy dessert is one that you will want to hold onto and have many copies for friends on hand! This recipe is from an old freind's family recipe collection!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (1 lb) can pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cool Whip
- Mix together eggs, pumpkin, sugar, milk and spices on medium speed in mixer bowl.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle a dry yellow cake mix over the batter.
- Drizzle melted margarine over the top of the cake mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle nuts over the dessert.
- Return to the oven and bake 30 minutes more.
- Serve with a dollop of Cool Whip.
KC,YUMMY!!!!! Fast,Easy And DELICIOUS!!!!! What more can I say.Love the Toasty pecans on the top....YUM! Thanks,Darlene
This is a wonderful recipe; I've been making it for a couple of years for Thanksgiving, in lieu of traditional pumpkin pie and everyone loves it!