Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from my friend Kelli. It is quite popular at church meals and one of my favorties.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4-1 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup nuts
- Mix eggs, milk, sugar, spices, and pumpkin.
- Pour into 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over top of pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle nuts evenly over cake mix.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve with whipped topping, if desired.
All my coworkers LOVE this! It is so fast and easy, and I am always sharing this recipe! (I double the spice quantities and I use about 1.5 C pecans. Cut back the baking time 5-10 mins or cover toward the end or the pecans will burn.) Highly recommended!
I made this for my family on Thanksgiving and everyone loved it. The cake mix creates a lovely caramelized crust thing on top of the creamy pumpkin.