Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe comes produces a large amount of coffee cakes or muffins.... freezing these should not be any problem....a very moist, very delicious coffee cake that will stay fresh for days. (makes 3-doz muffins)
- 5 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 7 eggs
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups flour
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 4 loaf pans or 3 doz muffin tins.
- For Crumb topping, mix all ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
- For coffee cake; mix together all dry ingredients.
- Mix together eggs, pumpkin puree and Canola oil.
- By hand, combine dry with wet ingredients, until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking loaf pans.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping (as much as you want).
- Bake for approx 50 mins, or until coffee cake is done.
- For muffins; separate the batter evenly into paper-lined muffin tins, top with crumb topping.
- Bake for approx 20-22 mins.
- Note: this coffee cake can be baked in any size baking pan that you have on hand.