Recipe by Scandigirl
This potato salad recipe was given to me by my Canadian friend after a luncheon for "girls" only!
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, small
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes, peel, cut up into small pieces.
- Add salt.
- On the stove heat butter and cut up onion.
- Heat until sizzling.
- Add vinegar and water and bring to a boil.
- In a separate dish mix flour, salt, pepper, mustard and sugar.
- Stir this into hot mixture and add cream.
- Pour over potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Decorate with slices of hard boiled eggs and green pepper if desired.