Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I bought a roast on sale the other day and didn't have much in the cabinet to season it. Threw these ingredients in the crockpot and it turned out wonderful. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
- 3 -4 lbs pot roast (any kind)
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 package beef gravy
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- Place roast into crockpot.
- Season with brown gravy, onion soup mix, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and creole seasoning.
- Pour stewed tomatoes over the roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
I followed this recipe exactly as stated. It is delicious!!! If you like a lot of seasoning use the full amount of Cajun seasoning. If not, cut back a little on it.. You do not need to add any additional liquid. You will end up with plenty. I used a little corn starch to make a gravy out of the juice and to served it on top of mashed potatoes. This is definitely a keeper.
Amazing! It was so easy to throw together in the crock pot, and the flavor was phenomenal! I used garlic & wine seasoning instead of the 3 listed here, and it was out of this world! We had it with mashed potatoes and will definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing your delicious creation!