Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple yet elegant dish to serve. It's also quick and easy! This is my "classic" recipe with loin pork chops simmered in apple cider and an apple. [May be sweet depending on the type of apple used]
- Salt and pepper the pork chops.
- Heat EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) in pan and brown chops.
- Deglaze the pan using the apple cider.
- Add garlic and diced apple.
- Cover pan and simmer till apples are soft enough to mash with fork.
- Mash apples in pan to make the sauce,.
- Simmer on stove till sauce is reduced to your liking and the pork chops are cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite potato, rice or noodle dish. Add your favourite vegetable or salad.
- Enjoy! (Hope you like it).
This was really tasty - enjoyed it immensely! I added a little vinegar to offset the very sweet sauce, it made a difference
These are great. I sliced my apple thinly and didn't mash it, just let it cook down with the sauce. Such an easy dish, and quick, but good enough for company! Made for Spring 2008 PAC.
These were delicious and so easy. I used a Granny Smith apple with the peel left on. I used a potato masher and began mashing the apples as they softened. The cooked apples made a wonderful sauce for the chops. which were very tender. Made for *PAC Spring 2008*