Recipe by Sherry & Carl
My whole family loves this one dish meal. It is cheesy and meaty and delicious ! It can be easily doubled, just put in a larger casserole.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this to take over to a home-bound neighbor couple, but managed a suitable taste-test bite for the 2 of us! Made a few changes in the recipe mainly because I was using a homemade pasta sauce that included Italian sausage ~ I cut by half the amount of both the ground beef & the pepperoni, but otherwise followed the recipe & had A TASTY, OUTSTANDING CASSEROLE! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 (12 ounce) box Velveeta shells and cheese dinner
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cooks shells and cheese as directed. Then place in 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Brown ground beef, onion and green pepper. Drain. Add pizza sauce.
- Layer half of the beef sauce, pepperoni & the cheeses on top of shells and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.