- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄2 cup plum sauce, plum jam or 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine pineapple with juice, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce; heat to boiling, simmer on a low boil.
- In a small cup mix together the cornstarch with water, stir into hot pineapple mixture; continue to boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in plum sauce and remove from heat.
- Bring to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate.