Recipe by Nogwoman
Well, Not exactly patties, more like small burgers or schnitzels but with no meat and no milk! My sister in law brought it once to a family dinner and we all devoured it in minutes. Thank you Efrat! Yummies that won't last 5 minutes anywhere. (Especially if you dip them in Sweet Chilly Sauce).
Top Review by Mirj
I don't think I've ever had this flavor combination before, and now I wonder how I managed to live my life without it! We had some friends over for a movie last night and I decided to try these babies out. Noga brought these in to work one day and I didn't manage to taste them, I just had to try them. It took me longer to shell the peanuts than it did to make the rest of the recipe, that's how easy it is. The only change I made was to spritz the formed patties with some canola oil, place them on a tray covered with parchment paper and bake them in the oven at 180 degrees C for about 20 minutes, flipping once. I thought I was being diet-conscious by baking them, but probably ruined the effect by eating enough of these to feed a small country. Good thing I made a double batch, the 4 of us went through these before the movie was even a quarter of the way through. Calling these delicious peanut patties is an understatement!
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 1 cup peanuts (pounded to chunks, peanut butter substitution possible for addicts)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 green onions, thinly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash (with food processor or blender)the corn, scallions, peanuts, cumin, garlic and ginger.
- Add flour and eggs to the mixture. Blend everything.
- Add salt and pepper(to taste).
- Heat oil according to the size of your frying pan. (frying each side at its turn will do just fine- no need to rush to deep fry). Wait till oil is hot to prevent soaking.
- Gently spoon the mixture and lay a patty size mixture on the pan. Flip side when lightly brown. Lay done burgers/schnitzels/patties on blotting paper to cool and dry.
- Eat! (I like to lightly dip the burgers in Sweet Chilly Sauce - Yum!).