Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy home favorite...
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar and peanut butter until smooth.
- Stir in egg, milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.