Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This cake is too yummy to even put into words...this is a definate must-try, you will just love it!!!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil (not olive oil)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peach pie filling
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (oil and flour) a 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, oil, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until crumbly.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture; set aside.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (except the pie filling); stir JUST until mixed.
- Pour/transfer the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Spoon the pie filling evenly over top of the batter.
- Sprinkle the reserved flour mixture over the top of the batter and the pie filling.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until cake tests done with a wooden pick.
- Serve warm-- DELICIOUS!
This coffee cake was gone before I knew it! I love the peach flavour and the cake is so easy to make. It's sure to be made often. Thanks for a keeper recipe!