Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a friend. It's easy to make and very delicious! Great for pot lucks.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans peaches
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup canned evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup canned condensed milk
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- FILLING: Drain 1 cup of juice from peaches.
- Set aside.
- Combine peaches, 1 stick butter, 1 1/4 cups sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in pot for heating on low.
- Prepare 1/2 cup cold water with 1 tblsp flour; mix together.
- Stir into mixture on stove.
- Simmer on low for approx.
- 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture in a 13x9 baking pan.
- TOPPING: Mix remainder of flour, baking powder, salt, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 stick butter, 1/4 cup evaporated milk, 1/4 cup condensed milk and add remainder of peach juice.
- Stir together well; pour over filling smoothing over filling.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approx.
- 1 hour.
- May sprinkle sugar over topping before baking.
I made this yesterday, I thought it was very tasty, my only problem was the juices didn't thicken so it was pretty runny. Next time I will not use all the juice from the canned peaches, I will take out a cup. I only baked it for 30 minutes and the crust was brown. I will try this recipe again. ---Ann in Seattle
I made this for dessert for Father's Day and everybody ate so much they never got to dessert! But I have been eating some everyday, today with vanilla ice cream. I enjoyed the taste. I did use fresh peaches and it came out a little runny, but the taste is worth it! Thanks!