Recipe by janieb
This is a recipe that I made up, because I like my bread crumbs to be extra seasoned and I love parmesan cheese...this is delicious as a coating for oven-fried chicken...don't know about casseroles...P.S a cast iron skillet works best for this recipe..but any oven-proof container may be used
- 3 slices bread (I used whole wheat)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- place bread on pan and put into oven for approximately 6 minutes (or until dried, but not toasted, turning half way through) leave oven on.
- Remove from oven and let bread cool slightly; then add to food processor along with spices (do not add parmesan cheese yet!) ground until desired consistantcy.
- return crumbs to oven,spreading evenly, for approximately 5-6 minutes; or until lightly toasted. (stir crumbs occasionally to evenly toast).
- remove from oven and let cool. Add parmesan cheese and stir until evenly mixed.