1 hr 15 mins
Chef #1486301's Note:
Soft, tasty okra's with a tangy taste. One of my mom's best recipes and a absolute must try! Measurments are estimates as my mom eyeballs things. You can adjust prices to your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 and 1/2 Tbsp of oil in a fry pan on high heat.
- 2Add Okra and let it cook until some okay start to go brown (about 5 mintues); stirring frequently.
- 3Remove Okra from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- 4Put the remaining oil in the pan.
- 5Add sliced onions, cumin seeds, green chillis and red pepper flakes and stir on high heat untill onions start to turn brown.
- 6Add salt, turmeric, chilli powder, tomatoes then stir and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 7Add okra and tamarind and mix things together well.
- 8Cover and simmier on low - med heat for 30 minutes.
- 9Serve hot with roti or rice with dhal.
- 10Enjoy !
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Pakistani Okra Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.1
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g