1/1 Photo of Delicious Overnight Coffee Cake
This recipe is based on one I originally got from from the Wolf House Bed and Breakfast on Vancouver Island in British Columbia. It is absolutely delicious!! Wendy Burgess at Wolf House says: "Prepare the batter the night before for a delectable, fresh, and warm coffee cake for breakfast. This is perfect for a sweet wake-up call to overnight guests or anytime you want to treat yourself after sleeping in!" Total time listed does not include chilling overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons chopped cashews (optional)
- 1Grease and flour a 9"x13" baking dish.
- 2With an electric mixer, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, 1/2 cup of the dark brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, cocoa powder, butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla and beat together well.
- 3Pour the mixture into the greased dish, then cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator overnight or for 8 hours.
- 4When ready to bake the coffee cake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5Take the remaining brown sugar and cinnamon, the pecans, and cashews (if using) and combine them in a bowl.
- 6Sprinkle the mixture over the refrigerated batter in the dish and then bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Cut into squares and serve immediately while it is warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Overnight Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.4
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 67.7 mg
- Sodium 341.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g