Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I tried this turkey at a recent family gathering, and I couldn't wait to make it myself. It is moist, delicious and so easy to make.
- 1 cup tender quick
- 8 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 cup non-iodized salt
- 1 gallon water
- 1 turkey breast (any size)
- 1 oven cooking bag
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large container, and marinate for 24 hours.
- Drain brine and place turkey in the cooking bag.
- Seal the bag and cut in steam vents according to bag instructions.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees and bake for 6-12 hours - depending on size of bird.