Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
All amounts may be increased or decreased to suit taste, and if possible purchase the submarine style sandwich buns that are about 9-inches long --- these are delicious!
Top Review by I am his Jenni
Excellant sammy alternative to a chain sub shop! Followed it "almost" to a tee, and they came out perfectly. Only difference for me was spreading pizza sauce down before layering any toppings. Another fantastic share Kitten. Thank you! :)
- 6 bread buns, split in half
- 1⁄2 lb bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 lb of shaved deli ham
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce (see Kittencal's Pizza Sauce or Kittencal's No-Cook Pizza Sauce or Marinara Dipping Sauce)
- 1 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 30 -35 mild banana pepper rings
- black pepper
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagessliced pepperoni
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb thinly sliced hard salami
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice 6 buns (or how many you desire, just increase the ingredients).
- On the bottom half of the buns, layer sausage, then ham, then pizza sauce, then cheese, then onion, then banana peppers (seaon the peppers with black pepper) then pepperoni and lastly the salami.
- Replace the tops.
- Wrap each bun in heavy-duty foil that has been sprayed well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at a 400 degree oven for about 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- **NOTE** banana peppers in a jar are usually found in the pickle section of any grocery store.