Recipe by littlechick
My mom always made fries in the oven to be healthier. I took her recipe and added my own flavor. I'm so glad my mom taught me to have delicious fries that don't clog your pores.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This made a very nice side dish for our chicken dinner, although I wasn't sure about the size of potatoes to use. I had Yukon Golds in various sizes and ended up using some medium ones that weighed about 1-1/2 lbs. in total. It may not have been enough because there was a lot of seasoning. I was worried about the amount of salt combined with the seasoning salt but I know potatoes absorb a lot. Still, I think I would reduce the amounts of all seasoning next time, or increase the amount of potatoes. These cooked up nice and crisp. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 6 yukon gold potatoes
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml seasoning salt
- 9.85 ml salt
- 9.85 ml pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise and then in half.
- Put the potatoes and olive oil in a ziplic bag and mix.
- Mix all the seasonings together.
- Pour the seasonings in the bag and mix well.
- Drizzle olive oil or cooking spray on a pan.
- Evenly spread the fries on the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until desired crispness.
- Turn over several times to brown evenly.
- Add more seasoning as desired.