1/1 Photo of Delicious Oven-Barbecued Chicken Thighs
I love barbecue chicken and I love this way of baking it in the oven during the winter. I like to use chicken thighs, but you could use chicken breasts as well if you prefer those.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon buffalo wing sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat being careful not to burn.
- 3Add the chicken and lightly brown.
- 4Remove chicken and place in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- 5Add onion (if using fresh garlic in place of garlic powder, also add) to the skillet and saute lightly for about 2-3 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 7Pour the mixture into the skillet and stir to combine.
- 8Simmer the sauce for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend nicely.
- 9Pour sauce over the chicken, then flip pieces so that both sides of the chicken are coated with the sauce.
- 10Bake the chicken uncovered for about 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Oven-Barbecued Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.6
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 211.7 mg
- Sodium 912.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 46.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buffalo wing sauce