Recipe by Zurie
This pudding can be mixed in a few minutes in a food processor. It forms a wonderfully nutty cake layer on top and a chewy pudding layer at the bottom. I tried to make sure there isn't a similar recipe on Zaar already, but it is an impossible task. This is a great winter pudding! (NOTE: After Deb's experience I changed the oven dish size: my fault!! You only need a dish about 2 inches deep, and about 8 x 8 inches.).
Top Review by Sydney Mike
After reading the first review I was determined to follow the recipe as closely as I could, although I did toast both the coconut & pecans a bit before including them! The 8-inch square pan worked great for me, & the dessert came through with flying colors ~ We had ourselves a very nice tasting finale to our dinner! Many thanks! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (please add another tablespoon, as it's 325 ml in metric)
- 1 cup superfine sugar (250 ml caster sugar)
- 1 cup fine dried coconut flakes (250 ml dessicated coconut)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (125 ml)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces pecan nuts, broken into pieces (100g)
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 deg F/160 deg Celsius.
- Grease an oven dish, about 7 x 7 or 8 x 8 inches, and about 2 inches deep.
- Simply process or whisk all the ingredients together.
- Mix until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the greased dish, and bake until golden brown and firm to the touch -- about 45 minutes, but make sure it's done before you remove it from the oven.
- Serve hot or warm with sweetened whipped cream.