This is a recipe I kind of just discovered one day and it is now a firm family favourite in our house, I also make roast potatoes the same way - delicious!!! Be careful not to set the over too high and watch the amount of oil you put in, I have been thinking about using a spray oil but haven't yet tried it, perhaps you can and let me know how they turn out!!! Also, you can use dried herbs but I prefer fresh as I grow my own and they taste so much better, you can also use a different strength of olive oil if you wish, but I prefer extra virgin. I wouldn't recommend using anything other than olive oil mind you, it adds to the flavour! I also like to add a little bit of BBQ seasoning to mine but this is optional, if you want it, add it before cooking...
- Slice the potatoes into fries (chips for those in the UK!) LEAVE THE SKINS ON! Then, rinse under cold water and leave to drain on one side.
- Pull leaves off of thyme and rosemary and discard stalks.
- Slice and chop garlic cloves.
- Slice up thyme and rosemary a little to release the flavours.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of oil to a roasting dish and place in the over for 5 minutes to heat.
- Once heated, pop the fries into the rosting pan and drizzle a bit more oil over, and sprinkle the herbs and garlic over before shaking to coat nice and evenly.
- Pop back in the over, at the top of the oven for about 25-30 mins, checking every 10 minutes and shaking to coat.
- Drain them on kitchen towel before serving.