1/3 Photos of Delicious Oven-Baked Cranberry Barbecue Chicken (Or Turkey Legs)
This is SOOOO good! You can double the complete recipe and bake in a roaster pan, throw in a chopped green bell pepper and/or a jalapeno pepper also if desired! Four small turkey legs can be used in place of the chicken, if using larger turkey legs then double the cranberry sauce and BBQ sauce, also the cooking time will need to be increased.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 large celery rib, finely diced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can ocean spray whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3Heat butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the skillet; cook on both side until lightly browned, then place the chicken skin-side up into the baking dish (leave the drippings in the pan).
- 5Add in the onion, celery, garlic and cayenne pepper (if using) adding in a little more oil if needed; sate for about 3 minutes; stir in the cranberry sauce and BBQ sauce; bring to a light simmer, stirring until completey combined, then pour over the chicken.
- 6Bake uncovered for about 50 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through, basting with the sauce a couple times during baking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Oven-Baked Cranberry Barbecue Chicken (Or Turkey Legs)
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.4
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 597.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 47.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: