Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is so good and no ice cream machine needed! :)
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream (or use 18% table cream)
- In a saucepan bring 1 cup water and sugar to a boil stirring frequently.
- Boil for 1 minute or until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat then stir in the thawed orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and remaining 2 cups water.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe bowl mixing.
- Cover and freeze until semi-frozen but still a mixable consistency.
- Remove from freezer then using an electric mixer beat until blended, then add in the cream and beat until combined.
- Cover and return to the freezer until solid.
- Remove about 12-15 minutes before scooping out of the bowl.
Amazing! Tasted great and was very easy.I agree that it has a very strong orange taste, I think I may add a little more cream and mix it again in kitchen aid mixer.I am going to try it with some lemonade concentrate that we have sitting in the freezer.Thanks for a great recipe the whole family loved it ..even the dogs!
I haven't made this yet but I would suggest that you could use any flavor of frozen juice, lemonade, grape, peach, etc. The recipe sounds great and super simple.
We don't get orange sherbet here, but I've always been intrigued by it and wanted to make it myself. So glad I did as this is awesome and so easy to make! It tastes really refreshing and is just perfect on a warm, sunny afternoon!