this is so good and no ice cream machine needed! :)
Make and share this Delicious Orange Sherbet (No Ice Cream Machine) recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan bring 1 cup water and sugar to a boil stirring frequently.
- Boil for 1 minute or until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat then stir in the thawed orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and remaining 2 cups water.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe bowl mixing.
- Cover and freeze until semi-frozen but still a mixable consistency.
- Remove from freezer then using an electric mixer beat until blended, then add in the cream and beat until combined.
- Cover and return to the freezer until solid.
- Remove about 12-15 minutes before scooping out of the bowl.
This tasted more like frozen orange juice than sherbet. It needs more sugar and more milk. The orange taste is too strong.
Amazing! Tasted great and was very easy.I agree that it has a very strong orange taste, I think I may add a little more cream and mix it again in kitchen aid mixer.I am going to try it with some lemonade concentrate that we have sitting in the freezer.Thanks for a great recipe the whole family loved it ..even the dogs!
Very refreshing! My eldest daugher really enjoyed this. I followed the recipe as written, however, threw it in the food processor to fluff it up the last time it came out of the freezer. It made it more like a "Dole Whip". The orange flavor is very intense, so we mellowed it in the bowl a bit by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It tasted like a dreamsicle. This could work with many different juice flavors wonderfully! Thanks for posting! (I found a great way to use up the leftover sorbet I had in the freezer. See "Dreamsicle Daiquiri" )