Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
this is so good and no ice cream machine needed! :)
Top Review by candy #7
Amazing! Tasted great and was very easy.I agree that it has a very strong orange taste, I think I may add a little more cream and mix it again in kitchen aid mixer.I am going to try it with some lemonade concentrate that we have sitting in the freezer.Thanks for a great recipe the whole family loved it ..even the dogs!
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream (or use 18% table cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring 1 cup water and sugar to a boil stirring frequently.
- Boil for 1 minute or until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat then stir in the thawed orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and remaining 2 cups water.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe bowl mixing.
- Cover and freeze until semi-frozen but still a mixable consistency.
- Remove from freezer then using an electric mixer beat until blended, then add in the cream and beat until combined.
- Cover and return to the freezer until solid.
- Remove about 12-15 minutes before scooping out of the bowl.