This is an adaption of a friend's. My nephew devoured them as they came out of the oven! The frozen butter fully dissolves as it cooks and creates mini pockets of air which provide a light texture. They last well for a couple of days in an air tight container.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 7/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1Set 12 cup cake liners in a muffin pan.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3Put butter in freezer.
- 4Mix dry ingredients in a bowl EXCEPT for chocolate chips.
- 5Cut orange into pieces and blend with orange juice.
- 6Take butter out of the freezer and shred it. Put shredded butter back in the freezer for 1 minute.
- 7Add egg to wet mixture and mix well.
- 8Add frozen shredded butter to wet mixture and blend until amalgamated but still with bits.
- 9Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix till amalgamated. Do not overmix or the butter will melt.
- 10Fold in the chocolate chips.
- 11Divide batter among the 12 cups.
- 12Bake for 15 minute
- 13Turn pan around (180 degrees) and bake for another 3 minute.
- 14Take muffins out of the tin and place on a rack.
- 15Mix Topping and spread over the tops.
- 16Let rest for 5 to 10 minute.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Orange Chocolate Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 258.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g