Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an adaption of a friend's. My nephew devoured them as they came out of the oven! The frozen butter fully dissolves as it cooks and creates mini pockets of air which provide a light texture. They last well for a couple of days in an air tight container.
- Set 12 cup cake liners in a muffin pan.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put butter in freezer.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl EXCEPT for chocolate chips.
- Cut orange into pieces and blend with orange juice.
- Take butter out of the freezer and shred it. Put shredded butter back in the freezer for 1 minute.
- Add egg to wet mixture and mix well.
- Add frozen shredded butter to wet mixture and blend until amalgamated but still with bits.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix till amalgamated. Do not overmix or the butter will melt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among the 12 cups.
- Bake for 15 minute
- Turn pan around (180 degrees) and bake for another 3 minute.
- Take muffins out of the tin and place on a rack.
- Mix Topping and spread over the tops.
- Let rest for 5 to 10 minute.