1 hr 20 mins
Sara 76's Note:
Frost and fill this cake with Melanie's Honey-Nougat Icing. This recipe comes from the "Gone With The Wind Cook Book - Famous Southern Cooking Recipes". There is a note in the foreward which I love: "Gone With The Wind told of a style of living. as well as a romantic drama, A way of living, playing, and eating that thrilled us all."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and baking powder together.
- 2Cream the butter thoroughly. Add sugar gradually, continuing to cream until light and fluffy.
- 3Add egg and beat thoroughly.
- 4Add nuts. Stir in dry ingredients alternatively with milk, to which vanilla extract has been added, small amounts at a time.
- 5Beat after each addition until smooth. Pour into greased square pan (8"x8") and bake at 180C for 50 minutes.
- 7Bake in a greased loaf pan at 180C for 1 1/4 hours.
- 8Spread with honey-nougat icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Nut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (896 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3143.7
- Calories from Fat 1225
- Total Fat 136.1 g
- Saturated Fat 42.4 g
- Cholesterol 333.7 mg
- Sodium 1883.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 441.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 204.2 g
- Protein 53.0 g