Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe I created many years ago. Although I love green bean casserole, I decided to do some alterations and used mushrooms instead. I hope you enjoy it. It makes a wonderful side dish for many meats. :) ...(The canned soups are the normal sized cans at your grocers).
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced medium
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancream chicken mushroom soup
- 0.333 (10 7/8 ounce) soup can water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled between your fingers
- pepper (light sprinkle)
- 18 ounces durkee's French fried onion rings
- In 13" x 9" non-stick pan, spread mushrooms out evenly. Sprinkle two-thirds fried onion rings on top.
- In medium bowl mix both soups, worcestershire sauce, thyme and water. Spread mixture evenly over mushrooms. Sprinkle lightly with pepper.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Stir. Sprinkle remaining fried onions on top. Bake another 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately.