I looked everywhere for a good mushroom alfredo. I used to saute the mushrooms and add them in, but they just weren't as good as I hoped. After some experimentation I came up with this recipe for my Mother-in-Law's birthday party and it was unbelievable. Everyone loved it! I served it over tortellini, but generally I'll just serve it over wheat pasta noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt half the butter in medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- 2Add the garlic, onion, and mushroom and sauté until the liquid is released. 5-7 minutes.
- 3Add the remaining butter, cream, and white pepper and bring mixture to a simmer.
- 4Stir often.
- 5Begin your noodles or tortellini at this point so everything will be done at the same time.
- 6Add the Mozzarella cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth, stirring constantly.
- 7When sauce has thickened add the Parmesan cheese and stir frequently until smooth. Remove from heat when sauce has reached desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Mushroom Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.0
- Calories from Fat 726
- Total Fat 80.7 g
- Saturated Fat 50.1 g
- Cholesterol 280.1 mg
- Sodium 309.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 11.4 g