Prep 25 mins
Cook 16 mins
I love Chinese food. But I don't eat it unless I make it myself. I worry about salt or MSG being put into the food. I have asked if MSG is in the food and have been told no, but my head told me otherwise. This is a recipe I've tweaked so it suits my taste.
- 6 chicken thighs (skinned, boned and sliced)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 large garlic cloves (pressed)
- 29.58 ml arrowroot
- 73.94 ml coconut oil
- 226.79 g mushrooms (fresh)
- 1814.36 g bok choy (chopped)
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 59.16 ml tamari soy sauce
- 6 green onions (chopped)
- Put the arrowroot, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss the chicken thighs in this mixture. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a large skillet and add the mushrooms, bok choy and sugar. Saute for 2 minutes. Cover and cook for about 5 more minutes. Remove from the skillet.
- Add the 2 remaining tbsps. of coconut oil into the skillet on high heat. Once good and hot add the chicken thighs and saute for 2 minutes. Add the tamari sauce, mix well.
- Cover and cook for an additional 6 minutes or until the thighs are completely cooked through.
- Add the chicken to the bok choy and add the green onions. Stir fry this for about 1 minute. Serve hot over rice.
- Bon Appetit!