1/1 Photo of Delicious Moo Goo Gai Pan
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I love Chinese food. But I don't eat it unless I make it myself. I worry about salt or MSG being put into the food. I have asked if MSG is in the food and have been told no, but my head told me otherwise. This is a recipe I've tweaked so it suits my taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the arrowroot, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss the chicken thighs in this mixture. Set aside.
- 2Heat 3 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a large skillet and add the mushrooms, bok choy and sugar. Saute for 2 minutes. Cover and cook for about 5 more minutes. Remove from the skillet.
- 3Add the 2 remaining tbsps. of coconut oil into the skillet on high heat. Once good and hot add the chicken thighs and saute for 2 minutes. Add the tamari sauce, mix well.
- 4Cover and cook for an additional 6 minutes or until the thighs are completely cooked through.
- 5Add the chicken to the bok choy and add the green onions. Stir fry this for about 1 minute. Serve hot over rice.
- 6Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Moo Goo Gai Pan
Serving Size: 1 (721 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.8
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Sodium 1414.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 35.3 g