Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
If you are a toffee-lover then try this recipe!
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter (no subs!)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla (use only pure vanilla extract not artificial for this)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts
- Line a large baking sheet with foil, then lightly coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Place the almonds in a single layer on top of the foil.
- In a heavy saucepan over high heat cook the butter with sugar, water, vanilla and salt for about 15-18 minutes stirring constantly until a candy thermometer reads 310 degrees; remove from heat and immediately pour the hot mixture over the almonds (do not scrape the pan!).
- Sprinkle immediately with the chocolate chips, then spread chocolate evenly to 1/2-inch from the sides.
- Sprinkle with ground walnuts; let stand until firm.
- Break into small pieces, then store in an airtight container.
This is outstanding and tastes like almond roca - a holiday favorite and a great gift.