Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Try something a little different! This pecan cake has a few extras that you wouldn't normally expect in a traditional cake........ and is not difficult to make.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In mixer bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar. Stir in pecans, cinnamon, orange juice, ornage flower water and zest.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until foamy; add salt. Beat in remaining 1/2 cup sugar, a tablespoon at a time, to stiff peaks.
- Fold yolk mixture into whites. Pour into ungreased 9 x 13-inch baking pan, smoothing top. Bake in preheated 180°C oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- In saucepan, combine water, sugar, honey orange flower water & lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil & cook until syrup thickens, about 20 minutes .Let cool slightly.
- Poke a few holes in the cake with a toothpick and pour hot syrup over cake. Let cool in pan.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover cake.