1 hr 25 mins
My family likes spice so I add in about 2 teaspoons dried chili flakes when sauteeing the veggies, but that is optional, you can sub chili sauce for the ketchup ---if you prefer to use fresh sliced mushrooms, just saute in the skillet before the onions and other ingredients, any leftovers makes a fantastic sandwich! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter (can use more)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled (chopped into about 1/4-inch pieces)
- 3 teaspoons seasoning salt (or use white salt to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (can use more)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (can use more)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup fresh minced parsley
- parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup (or to taste)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet melt butter; saute the onions, green onion, garlic, chopped celery and carrots over medium heat, stirring for until the carrots are fork-tender (about 10 minutes).
- 3Season with seasoning salt and pepper.
- 4Add in Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup ketchup; cook stirring 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- 5In a large bowl combine the sauteed veggies, ground beef and pork, mushrooms, bread crumbs, eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- 6Pat into a shallow 10 x 5-inch oval baking dish.
- 7Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, then drizzle about 1-1/2 cups ketchup over the mixture.
- 8Bake for about 1 hour or until cooked.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Meatloaf With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.1
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 205.3 mg
- Sodium 1815.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: