Recipe by Joanne
I love this recipe. You can make ahead and freeze it in batches. If you love garlic you will love this! I use San Marzano tomatoes because they are simply the best. But If you cannot find San Marzano tomatoes, I recommend Colivata or Cento brand crushed tomatoes.
- 2 (28 ounce) canssan marzano crushed tomatoes
- 10 -12 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 -10 leaves fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, on med/low heat add olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes (if using). Cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add Crushed tomatoes, water and salt. Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 1/2 hour stirring occasionally. Add basil at the very end.