Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make and great for the children's lunchbox. Ingredients update after the 3-3-08 review as there was a missing ingredient before that date, but it has since been corrected.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips or 1 (12 ounce) packageswirled chocolate chips or 1 (10 ounce) pkge. milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, light brown sugar and sugar; beat uintil creamy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients and blend into the peanut butter mixture.
- Spread into a greased 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees, remove from oven and run a knife through to marbleize.
- Return to oven for an additional 20-25 minutes.
My 16-year old son wanted to make something today so we went on recipezaar and found this recipe which seemed to call for ingredients we had in the pantry. I had a little bit of Eagle Brand Seeetened Condensed Milk in the fridge, about the same amount as the peanut butter and I mixed it with the peanut butter and then followed the recipe from there. These are very good! They smell soooo gooood when they are baking. The whole family liked them very much! (I also used creamy peanut butter as we don't use the chunky). Thanks for sharing this recipe!! My son said he would make them again because they are so easy to make!
Wonderful recipe. My family loves the taste of chocolate and peanut butter. It was very quick and easy and best of all it's a recipe where all the ingredients are a staple in my house. Thank you so much.
These were good right out of the oven, except that 25 minutes was too long to bake them after marbling--the edges burnt. And then just a couple hours later, they were hard as a rock, very unpleasant to try to eat. The flavor was good, but something needs to be tweaked to prevent the bars from getting so hard.