Delicious Mango Mousse Pie
- Peal the mangos and separate the pulp. With a food processor or blender, make a puree with the pulp. You need 1 1/2 cup of mango puree. Put it aside.
- Using a fork, mix the water and the unflavored gelatin and let it settle a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix the yolks with the lemon juice and 1/4 cup of sugar. Stir constantly for about 4 minutes until it thickens and bubbles. It must not boil.
- Add the gelatin and stir 30 seconds more at medium heat. Place the mixture in a bowl and mix it with the mango puree and the ginger. Let it cool.
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff. Add the remaining sugar (1/4 cup) and beat until it gets firm.
- Softly, mix the egg whites with the mango mixture.
- Fill the pie crust and refrigerate about 4 hours.