1/2 Photos of Delicious Low Fat One Dish Pasta Dinner
A rich-tasting and yummy vegetarian dinner with tangy tomato sauce and filling lowfat cheeses. Check out the picture! It's a layered dish so it looks pretty too! Uses just ONE TEASPOON of oil! I think you could add a meat layer to it if you wanted to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package pasta (I use rotini)
- 1 (26 ounce) can lowfat spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes less than the package directions say (so it's still quite firm and little undercooked).
- 2Drain and return to the pan.
- 3Toss with about 2/3 of the can of spaghetti sauce.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5Meanwhile, mix together ricotta, cottage cheese, parmesan and pepper.
- 6Stir til smooth.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Next, saute the zucchini, onion, and garlic in the olive oil.
- 9Add oregano, basil, salt and water.
- 10Cook until water has evaporated and zucchini is tender-crisp.
- 11Make sure the onion doesn't burn.
- 12Set aside.
- 13Assemble as follows in a 2 quart casserole dish that you've sprayed with Pam.
- 14First, put in about 1/2 of the cooled pasta, pat down with the back of your spoon.
- 15Then spread out the ricotta cheese mixture.
- 16Next, make a layer with the zucchini mixture.
- 17Again, pat with the back of your spoon so the zucchini nestles into the ricotta.
- 18Sprinkle with about 1/2 of the reduced fat mozzarella.
- 19Then put in the rest of the pasta.
- 20Pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- 21Sprinkle the top with remaining mozzarella.
- 22bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.
- 23Let cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Low Fat One Dish Pasta Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.6
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 590.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese