- 59.14 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml white flour
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt (or less)
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 2 egg whites
- 177.44 ml skim milk
- 78.07 ml unsweetened applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°; grease pan and set in oven to preheat.
- Mix together dry ingredients. Beat together egg, milk, applesauce, and add to dry ingredients.
- Pour into hot pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- My dad likes it with butter, right out of the oven or later when it's cool, and I like it with homemade strawberry jelly. Enjoy!