If you prefer more spice then increase the spices, you can also add in chopped walnuts if desired.
Make and share this Delicious Low-Fat Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl combine the cake flour, baking soda and spices.
- In another bowl beat egg and egg whites together with sugar and oil until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in buttermilk and vanilla; mix until combined.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture to the liquid mixture using low speed or with a wooden spoon.
- Add in shredded carrots and pineapple into the batter; mix until combined using wooden spoon.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Cool completely if frosting.