1/2 Photos of Delicious Low-Fat Carrot Cake
If you prefer more spice then increase the spices, you can also add in chopped walnuts if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a bowl combine the cake flour, baking soda and spices.
- 4In another bowl beat egg and egg whites together with sugar and oil until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- 5Stir in buttermilk and vanilla; mix until combined.
- 6Gradually add in the flour mixture to the liquid mixture using low speed or with a wooden spoon.
- 7Add in shredded carrots and pineapple into the batter; mix until combined using wooden spoon.
- 8Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- 9Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- 10Cool completely if frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Low-Fat Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.5
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 202.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g