Recipe by Chef RayRay
Love rich, creamy stuffed mushrooms, but can't stand all those unecessary calories? These great stuffed mushrooms are high in flavor and low in calories. They also make great appetizers for parties and elegant dinners.
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 6 ounces imitation crabmeat (or real if you please)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (NOT garlic salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free parmesan cheese
- 20 -30 medium white mushrooms (if you're cooking for guests, make sure you have at least 2 mushrooms per guest)
Directions See How It's Made
- (Since I'm usually cooking for 1 or 2, I tend to cut the recipe in half. Also, a great deal of this recipe is to taste. So if you like your mushrooms meatier, add more meat and less cream cheese.).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms an wash thoroughly. Let mushrooms dry on a paper towel.
- In a food processor add cream cheese, entire package of artificial crab, two tablespoons of parmesan, and two cloves of garlic. (You may also add some chopped scallions if you like). Pulse until smooth.
- Taste your mixture and add salt, pepper, and powdered garlic to taste.
- With a spoon, scoop about one tablespoon of mixture into each mushroom, or until cap is full and overflowing a bit. Use the spoon to smooth out mixture into a nice mound. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray of choice and place completed mushrooms evenly on the sheet. Sprinkle mushrooms with more parmesan cheese to taste. Bake about 8 mins, or until mushroom tops begin to brown.
- (If you make the entire recipe but don't end up using all of the cheesy crab mixture, it tastes amazing chilled and served on crackers or wrapped into wanton noodles and fried.).