Meri Dean's Note:
I saw a similar recipe on a television show but it did not include the syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut each shrimp down the back and remove vein.
- 2Butterfly each shrimp and pound lightly with mallot.
- 3Put about 1/2-1 teaspoon of herbed goat cheese inside shrimp.
- 4Carefully wrap each shrimp with bacon, starting with tail end and secure with one or two toothpicks.
- 5Do this to all shrimp until finished.
- 6In large pan or skillet add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and heat.
- 7Carefully add each wrapped shrimp to hot oil.
- 8Cook until lightly browned on all sides then remove from pan to foil covered roasting pan.
- 9Heat oven to broil.
- 10Drizzle each shrimp with sugar free syrup, not too much, just enough to flavor.
- 11Broil shrimps until brown, turn over to cook reverse side.
- 12About 3 minutes per side.
- 13That's it!
- 14Be careful of toothpicks when serving.
- 15Great appetizer or side with your high protein meal.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Low Carb Goat Cheese Stuffed Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 172.2 mg
- Sodium 167.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: