Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw a similar recipe on a television show but it did not include the syrup.
- 1 lb extra-large shrimp or 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 1 package herbed goat cheese
- 1 package bacon (or enough for one piece of bacon to one piece of shrimp)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sugar-free maple syrup
- Cut each shrimp down the back and remove vein.
- Butterfly each shrimp and pound lightly with mallot.
- Put about 1/2-1 teaspoon of herbed goat cheese inside shrimp.
- Carefully wrap each shrimp with bacon, starting with tail end and secure with one or two toothpicks.
- Do this to all shrimp until finished.
- In large pan or skillet add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and heat.
- Carefully add each wrapped shrimp to hot oil.
- Cook until lightly browned on all sides then remove from pan to foil covered roasting pan.
- Heat oven to broil.
- Drizzle each shrimp with sugar free syrup, not too much, just enough to flavor.
- Broil shrimps until brown, turn over to cook reverse side.
- About 3 minutes per side.
- That's it!
- Be careful of toothpicks when serving.
- Great appetizer or side with your high protein meal.
I made these for an Oscar party and they were awesome!!! Very labor intensive though.