Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
This cheesecake is amazingly delicious! It is low-fat without being flavourless and airy! We really enjoyed this. If you take the time to make this, your family (and waistline!) will appreciate it! This is a recipe from Cooking Light.
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese (LIGHT CREAM CHEESE)
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese (spreadable cheese in the containers)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray (coat well!).
- Combine crumbs, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and melted margarine, then firmly press crumb mixture into bottom of pan.
- Combine 2/3 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, vanilla, light cream cheese, and fat free cream cheese in a large bowl and beat at high speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Add milk and sour cream to cheese mixture, then beat until smooth.
- Beat egg whites at high speed of a mixer until soft peaks form.
- Clean and dry beaters, then add sugar to egg whites, a tablespoon at a time, until all sugar is incorperated and peaks form again.
- Gently fold egg white mixture into cheese mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until almost set (a few inches in the middle will still jiggle lightly, and the edges will have started to pull away from the sides of the pan).
- Remove from oven, and run a dull knife around the edge of the cheesecake to seperate it from the side of the pan (helps prevent cracking).
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then cover and chill overnight. Enjoy the NEXT DAY!