Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my super delicious, lean version of cousin Diana's chili & bean dip. Always a huge hit at parties (and unfortunately a huge hit with my thighs...) I just had to find a way to enjoy these flavors without the guilt, and here it is!
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat free cream cheese, brought to room temperature
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces salsa, vegetable (spicyness to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 black olives, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded to taste, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 300º. Into the bottom of a glass pie or baking dish, spread the cream cheese evenly.
- In a medium bowl, add the beans. Drain excess liquid from vegetable salsa and add to the beans. Toss to combine. Spread evenly on top of cream cheese.
- Top with shredded cheddar, sliced olives and the sliced jalapeno. Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven.
- Serve with store-bought or homemade* multigrain tortilla chips and sliced veggies.
- * To make your own chips, take one to two multigrain tortilla wraps, cut into chips, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350º to 375º for 5-10 minutes, or until crisp and lightly browned.