Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are SO good! Wonderful for buffets, entertaining, luncheons or picnics, or even as a late night snack. This recipe makes 42 roll-ups, so no need to double, unless you are serving a really big crowd. Make sure that the cheese and ham are sliced paper-thin, have your deli slice it for you. You'll love these!
Top Review by onenita
I made these for a bachelorette party and then some more the next day for my family. Everyone loved 'em, loved 'em, loved 'em. My sister (a picky eater) said I should become a caterer!! The lettuce leaves were difficult for me to work with. I ended up cutting as many 2.5"X1" pieces off each leaf (discarded the ribs of the leaf)and then cutting pieces of cheese and ham just slightly smaller than the lettuce pieces. And I was liberal with the sour cream mixture. The rolls held themselves well, but next time I will add toothpicks if I need them. I ended up with a bunch of 1.5X pieces that were perfectly bite size. I didn't need as much cheese and ham called for by the recipe as I made my roll-ups smaller than a full size of a piece of lettuce. SO YUMMY! The lettuce, cheese, ham, and mixture go so well together. Thanks!! :)
- 42 medium romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 42 slices muenster cheese (sliced paper thin, have your deli slice it for you)
- 42 slices honey-roasted ham, sliced paper-thin (have your deli slice it for you)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove ribs from lettuce leaves, and cut any large leaves in half lengthwise if needed.
- Dissolve mustard in soy sauce and vinegar; mix with sour cream and mayo; add in minced green onions.
- On each lettuce leaf, place 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of ham.
- Top the ham with a scant teaspoon of the sour cream mixture.
- Roll up jellyroll fashion, and place on serving platter, seam-side down.