Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Vegan comfort food from Betty Crocker (of all places.) Of course, I adjusted it a tiny bit.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried lentils
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 14 ounces vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos
- Sautee onion and garlic in oil.
- Add lentils, rice, broth, water, and pepper sauce.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 50 minutes, adding water if necessary, until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
it was easy to make, but it took longer than 50 minutes for my rice to soften all the way. it needs sriracha sauce added to it to give it some kick and flavor. overall it was pretty good.